dilluns, 9 de maig del 2016

Solutions to House Swap Holidays

House swap holidays: Cheap holidays in other people's luxury.

2n Batxillerat. Prova d'accés a la Universitat (2012). Setembre. Model 2. Opció B.

ANSWER KEY

Activity 1:
a) False (lines 4-5) because the text says "The property has the peace and space you would expect at a five-star hotel or villa. But what is the price? Nothing."
b) True (lines 22-23) because the text says "has some basic advice on its website for anyone considering letting out or taking up a house-sitting holiday."

Activity 2:
Possible answer.
Because he had experienced the difficulty of finding good matches between homeowners and house sitters. So, he created the website to make it easier.

Activity 3:
1) to run (line 6)
2) classic (line 1)
3) confident (line 25)
4) to run over (line 27)

Activity 4:
4.1. A: Have you chosen / B: I am flying / I am going to fly
4.2. Sometimes IT takes a while TO find the right place.
4.3. The house MAY / MIGHT be right for me and my family.
4.4. I went back to the small town in West Sussex WHERE I used to spend my holidays.

Activity 5:
5.1. B) lips
5.2. B) seven
5.3. A) cat
5.4. B) discovered